Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Crate Paper Colour Challenge: Parade Day


The colours for this month's challenge at Crate Paper are big, bright beautiful summer colours: pink, red, sunny yellow.
Sometimes colour challenges are inspiring, but I don't always have the supplies on hand.  However, this time I had everything I needed!


For my layout I used the Emma's Shop line, which have a wonderful retro vibe along with vibrant colours and gorgeous patterns.  The papers are relatively thick, which I adore.  Plus they feel like linen to the touch.  Heaven.  I've been back to my scrapbook store 3 times recently just because I can't get enough of this beautiful paper.  Here's my l/o:


I was inspired to do a 2-page layout by all the double layouts I've been seeing recently - and because I couldn't choose just one photo! The photos were taken in my favourite summer getaway place, on a day when there just happened to be a huge parade down Main Street to celebrate the town's 150th birthday. The whole event was fun and bright and happy, and somehow reminiscent of a bygone era.



I've been totally inspired by this paper to finally scrap some photos that have been lying around - so there will be more to come over the next little while.

Thanks for stopping by.  I enjoy reading your sweet comments, so do leave me a note if you have a moment.  




Materials List:
Crate Paper: Emma's Shop- Dresses; Restoration Collection - Slipcover; Cottage Collection - Bouquet.
Kaiser Craft: Wooden Die Cut
Tim Holtz Alterations: rosette die
MS star stickers
Crate Paper phrase stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment