Monday, August 29, 2011

Vintage Black/Gray: CCG Challenge 206

For this challenge at Color Combos Galore,  I selected a vintage photo taken in 1946 of my mother and her friends:
Montreal Friends, 1946
I love this photograph, because it captures a youthful, happy and hopeful moment in the lives of these young women. WW II is over, which must have been reason enough to be happy. The young women all have new secretarial jobs, their boyfriends are back home, and they have some money to wear fashionable outfits. There's a sense of being at the doorstep of wonderful new lives for these three friends.

The challenge required certain un-related elements to be brought together: wood element, a shelf, some kind of stripe, and a ledge effect.
  The title had to be in capital letters.  Plus the specific colours of the challenge.  I was able to find a piece of Imaginesce pp in my stash which had most of the colours in it. 
Ledge made of chipboard, painted with pewter crackle paint.
I used Bingo tokens as my wood element and placed them on the ledge. (Thank you, Nancy!)

I enjoy the CCG challenges so much - I can never really plan what my project will look like! It always starts with utter chaos on my craft table (not my favourite part...I prefer order and stability!), but somehow it comes together if I give it a few days.  (Which is the fun part!)
TH film strip
transparency

I've included some journalling around the edges of this layout, which is a new technique for me.  Since I scrap at least partly for the family record, I've realized that it's important to include some basic details on the layouts.

Thanks so much for looking.  The link for the current CCG challenge is here.

Materials Used:
PP - Imaginesce, Audrey; G45 Curtain Call
TH Distress Ink, Black Soot; Crackle Paints Picket Fence, Pewter
TH Ideology Film Strip Ribbon
Bingo Tokens and chipboard from my stash

No comments:

Post a Comment