Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fall Layout: Sketchabilities #57

Hello Lovely Blog Friends,
It does feel as if autumn has finally come to town.  I'm not a fan of fall temperatures, but I do love the beautiful colours!  Here's a fun fall layout which features all my favourite autumn colours:
This is a photo of my sister-in-law (who is a true fan of fall weather) and my niece in the apple orchard.  For the paper strips, I used the wonderful papers of the Farmhouse Collection by Crate Paper.
I purposely cut the photo into a smaller circle than its orange frame just so that the beautiful colours of the pattern strips could peek through (similar to the way that the colours of the apples peek through the photo of the orchard).  I added three TH clock faces for some contrast and metallic texture.
Who can resist a fresh from the tree apple? Can you see the semi-eaten apple in her hand?
I then fussy cut a few flowers. layering them on some sweet chipboard pieces from my stash. (I even used ledger paper as my background - this is unheard of for me!)
I added three TH clock faces for some contrast and metallic texture. And here's the beautiful sketch from Sketchabilities:
This was a fun sketch to work with, and one which I will use again.
Thanks for stopping by today - if you have a moment to leave a comment, it is very much appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for much for sharing this cute layout :)

    -Margrethe
    One Life Documented

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice layout, Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the strong color tone of the layout, very nice!!
    ava

    ReplyDelete