Saturday, November 5, 2011

Vintage Montreal Style

Hello Lovely Blog Friends
Here in Toronto these days we are so lucky to be having bright sunshine and the clearest blue skies outside of Taos, New Mexico - in November, no less!  
(I seem to remember creating this l/o for a challenge some time ago at OUAS... but I missed the deadline.)  Since we're having such glorious weather,  I thought I would post this summery vintage layout:
"Oh, never mind the fashion.  When one has a style of one's own, it is twenty times better."
The two photos are of my mother and her friends in Lafayette Park in Montreal on a sunny June day. The year is 1946. They are celebrating the end of school and the beginnings of new jobs, new lives right around the corner.
Montreal women (and men, too) are known for their sense of style. I just love their darling outfits and clutch handbags - which you can see in the photo on the left. The Webster's Pages summer handbag motif was perfect for this layout. I added white eyelets and did some lacing with satin ribbon, which I finished in a twisted rose.
I used tiny classic roses and slid this Summer Land poem (Glitz Layer) under the chartreuse chiffon flower.
Dusty Attic frames are painted with white crackle paint.
Looking at these pictures makes me want to go outside and take a walk in the park!
Hope that everyone can enjoy some lighthearted time with good friends this weekend or spend time outdoors.


Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Materials List:
Patterned Paper: Webster's Pages, Pink Paislee
Book Page: Glitz
Chipboard Frames: Dusty Attic
Spellbinders Dies
Journalling Cards: Prima
Flowers: Prima, Recollections

No comments:

Post a Comment