Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cirque de Soleil: CSI Case #5

Here's my project for this week's  CSI challenge:
The photo is of me and my DH at the Cirque de Soleil pre-party in Toronto a few years ago. Totally fun especially with the alien being in the background! 
It seemed the perfect choice, especially since this week's inspiration photo was so lighthearted:
I really shopped my stash for this one.  Background pp from a venerable K&Co. paper pad. I added light paint spatters with Glazed Currant glimmer glam. The green/eggplant striped piece is so old it does't even have a brand name.  It was living in my Bizarre Paper box. 
You see below some beautiful Dusty Attic chipboard foliage. After a base coat of Glue'n'Seal, and a primer of Picket Fence, I used Staz-On Cactus Green and PlumArchival Ink:
The small red and plum flowers are generic mulberry paper; Watermelon and Currant alcohol inks gave just the right colours. I created centres for the red flowers by knotting embroidery floss.  
There are resin roses in the cluster, plus Prima roses.  All the flowers got a coat of Glossy Accents to make them glossy and fresh, like an apple for teacher!
Evidence:
Cutting tools - paper foliage was cut on my Vagaband using a Spellbinders die. I used Christmas paper from Echo Park Season's Greetings collection;  The Apple Flesh colour requirement was fulfilled by a TH Distress paper stamped then punched and layered as the vertical underlay.
Leaves - the leaves are Recollections;
Photo Corners - Two gorgeous metal photo corners were cut them into thirds and adhered to the points of my cardboard star:

I loved being able to finally use the masked lady (see her above L) - a Prima Moulin Rouge rub-on.
Testimony:  I chose to journal about what's hidden - or what you don't see in the photo.  
What you do not see here is the master plan my DH launched to encourage me to go to the circus.  You also don't see the esteem my DH feels for clowns, or what happened when the owner of a Yul Brunner hairdo sat in the front row of a room full of clowns ...well...let's just say, he met a lot of clowns that day. Click to enlarge the journaling card to see for yourself:
I also journaled some details around the edge, which you can see below ( L).
The stamped image is a LaBlanche stamp with Archival Plum ink.
Attending Cirque de Soleil was such a memorable occasion; very fun and over the top gorgeous.  The funny thing about the photo is that I didn't know there was an alien behind me until I got the photo in the mail.
Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

  1. Fran this is absolutely beautiful, love the gorgeous picture and you have displayed it beautifully and OMG look at that star how creative using the corners to embellish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran, this is just scrumptious! You really worked those colors and what a fun and whimsical layout!

    ReplyDelete