Friday, January 27, 2012

Happiness is... Being a Liebster!!

Hello Blog Friends,
I have just received the Liebster Blog award, and I am over-the-moon happy!  
I received this award courtesy of fellow blogger and CSI detective Michele. Michele is from sunny California and her work is stunning - just check her blog Design Honey and you will see what I mean!
About the award: 
“Liebster” is a German word meaning dearest, beloved or favorite, and the Liebster Award is sort of a chain letter among bloggers that’s intended to showcase exceptional up-and-coming blogs (typically, those with 200 or fewer followers). There’s no evaluation committee or formal award process for the Liebster, but in a way it’s even nicer – it’s recognition that a peer has noticed and appreciated your hard work.

Neighbourhood of Blogs
To say that receiving this award has made me happy is an understatement!  
Finding one's creative voice/expression and can be a daunting process. The day you go public with your blog is like letting your children cross the street by themselves for the first time - it's scary, and you just gotta trust that they will make it to the other side.
For me, the best part about scrapping and blogging is the connections.  Each of us gets to make new friends all over the world - it's a global neighbourhood.  We create community with each post  while putting our work and our selves "out there".  Leaving supportive comments on others' blog is another way of nourishing the community.
I am so glad I decided to take the blog plunge last April because I have met so many lovely people (that would be you! :) and I've learned so much from each one of you, dear blog friends.
Over the next little while it will be my happy task to surprise 5 others with the Leibster award! I look forward to completing that task and sharing it with you!
Wishing you some happy scrap time this weekend.  Be sure to drop by  Michele's place at Design Honey for awesome inspiration.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Fran! You are SO deserving of this award. Thank you for the kind comment you left on my blog. I really do treasure the friendships I am developing in this blog world!

    ReplyDelete