Saturday, October 8, 2011

LGS Layout #2

This Moment Is Our Happily Ever After
My first layout ended up more on the rose side than I wanted. So I did a second one.
I started with white crackle paint and the beautiful muted papers of Nantucket and Butterfly Garden (both Pink Paislee). 
This background was closer to what I intended...but once I added a yellow paper layer underneath the photo, yet again I was walking outside of my perfect intentions - this time in the land of gold and yellow. 
And again, I was quite happy with the result - not for the requirements of the challenge, but for the requirements of the photo.
This photo depicts a very happy time in my parents' lives.  For me, it was a privilege to scrap this photo, because of its unspoken reminder to enjoy the love in our life right now.  
The story may not always turn out the way we intended.... in exactly the same way that my l/o's didn't turn out the way I intended! But the deeper meaning for me is an important one:  happily ever after is a fine intention, one that is made of millions of individual moments in time.
This Let's Get Shabby photo provided me lots of creative inspiration. Even though my l/o's didn't come out the way I thought they would, I really enjoyed the process and made some important discoveries about why I scrap in the first place.  
One thing can lead to another; it doesn't take any sacrifice Oh, father and mother, sister and brother If it feels nice, don't think twice 
Just shower the people you love with love Show them the way that you feel Things are gonna work out fine if you only will 
from "Shower the People" by James Taylor 

If I have time between turkey dinner and enjoying the warm weather,  I just may give this one more go!

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadian friends.
Second l/o is here.



4 comments:

  1. This page too is beautiful...I think I like this more intense colour, but you have made it very difficult now. I love that you have challenged your self and done 2 pages to try and get it "right". Thanks for playing along with us at Lets get Shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely page, finally catching up on my friends blogs. Great photo to scrap and I love the vintage feel to the page, lovely elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely page! Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Shabby.

    ReplyDelete