Saturday, October 29, 2011

Honeycomb Accordion Album

Hello Lovely Blog Friends
I've recently  been indulging my passion for making books.  Here is my new Notes & Observations Journal:

It comes from a pattern at : Follow the Paper Trail with Laura. (this particular pattern is called the Honeycomb Accordion Bound Album.) Laura has some pretty wonderful creations there, even an Enchanted Castle mini-book.
I made the whole thing for $11 -  just the cost of the PDF pattern. The rest came from paper I had on hand. How economical of me!
Here's the first page:
I even used up some leftover packaging, as you can see on the inside front cover above. There's lots of space for notes, journalling, and photos. 
There are 5 long pages 3 flip pockets beside every long page. Each pocket has a photo mat insert.
I used up quite a bit of my paper stash. The Tim Holtz  Idea-ology papers were ideal for this project. 
Of course, you can get much fancier and matchy-matchy with this, especially if you are making a gift for someone.  I wanted to see if I could just use some of what I already had on hand.
I mixed it up throughout, using stamps and embellishments for little touches here and there.
This book was fairly easy to put together.  The pattern instructions are clear and give the exact dimensions required for each page. The book is very sturdy. Here's the last page:
There are 5 long pages 3 flip pockets beside every long page. Each pocket has a photo mat insert.
With so many pages and pockets, it can be a treasure trove of photos and journalling.  Personally, I will be using mine to record the lead-up to Dec. 2012, which is supposed to be some kind of amazing date in human history.
Laura also has a YouTube channel and you can follow her UStream classes for step-by-step instructional videos.
Thanks so much for visiting  today.  Hope you are having a lovely weekend with some beautiful scrap time!  Many thanks also for leaving your sweet comments.


1 comment: